Excellent career opportunity available to be part of a company that has been supplying industry-leading equipment, service and supplies to wineries, beverage companies that include distilled spirits and juices, and also for olive oil production companies. The company supplies Membrane Presses, Basket Presses, Wine & Spirits Fillers, Bottling Lines, Labelers, Automation and Controls, Sparkling Equipment, Stainless Tanks, PD Pumps, and Service & Support for the beverage industry and is the smaller division of a much larger organization in California.
COMPETITIVE SALARY! This is a salaried, non-exempt position -- eligible for overtime. There is considerable overtime pay due to the travel involved with this position. Employee Benefits are excellent!! Top-notch work environment too... close-knit team of people that really have each other's back... great place to work with an outstanding team of people!
The Equipment Technician is responsible for the installing, testing, trouble-shooting and repairing of new and used machinery at various locations.
• Provides strong mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and PLC skills.
• Provides technical guidance on complex issues.
• Displays the importance of safety and quality in every aspect of the job.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers, management, associates and vendors.
• Works with vendors and suppliers to identify solutions to equipment problems and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Solves problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
• Participates in the assembly of new machinery for effective and timely implementation and qualification.
• Investigates and analyzes causes of equipment issues and takes the necessary corrective action.
• Utilizes test equipment and hand tools (both manual & powered) to perform machine adjustments and repairs.
• Learns new technology, both mechanical and electrical .
• Interfaces with customers to help solve product or process related issues.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• 7 years of experience in technical customer service, maintenance or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to work all shifts and weekends as needed.
• Travel by air and car is required.
• Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with stainless steel welding and fabricating.
• Experience understanding customer needs and specification development.
• Experience interfacing with customers directly to identify and solve product issues, write service call reports and communicate customer status.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
MUST BE US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL (MOSTLY ON THE WEST COAST...... CALIFORNIA, OREGON, WASHINGTON... PERHAPS A TRIP TO ITALY) -- ABOUT 50% TO 75% TRAVEL TO CUSTOMER SITES.